The Secretary is the chief administrator in the Club. The duties are many and varied and call for a high degree of dedication. The Secretary has more to do with the practical running of the Club than any other officer. He/she should be a good organiser, be methodical and above all, be reliable. The duties dovetail with those of the Chairman and it is essential that both officers work as a team of which the Secretary will very often be the more active person.
Useful Resources and Links
- Role Profile
- Club Dashboard
- Club Folder Structure | GAA DOES Club folder structure for Club secretaries with useful resources for AGM, Games, Vetting, Insurance, Minutes, Property, Safeguarding, Sponsorship, Transfers and events
- Full list of GAA IT Helpdesks
- Another really useful resource is the GAA Zendesk page this page offers support and advice on how to use FOIREANN effectively
- Email Support address for Foireann firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)
- Office365 Includes links on how to use each application: Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel etc.
- Support for email address usernames and passwords email@example.com Phone +353 – 6619531
- Six official 0365 accounts are available to all clubs for the following roles:
- Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, PRO, Childrens officer, Insurance officer.
- GAA Injury Benefit Fund This includes the Injury Benefit Fund Summary Document, DWF Claims Portal User Guide.
- Transfers and Sanction this page includes all forms and user guides for players and clubs for inter-county transfers.
- Link to Inter-County transfer system (PTS)
- Club Transfers within a county please see Official Guide (Part 1) and please contact the County Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- Galway Inter Club transfer Form (check to see if there is one)
- Permission to play form (check to see if there is one)
- Overseas Sanctions All sanction applications are made online via the Player Transfer System (PTS). This process is initiated by the club in the USGAA/Canada/New York that the player wishes to with.
- Transfer and Sanctions FAQ
- Link to Permission to Play Challenge Game (TBA)
- Link to Permission to Record a Match (TBA)