Galway GAA Lead Athletic Development Coach
Galway GAA currently has a vacancy for a Lead Athletic Development Coach to support our Senior Hurling Panel. The position will be based in the Galway GAA training venues.
The role is full time and will involve leading the development and management of the Athletic Development programme for our Senior Hurling Panel. The successful candidate will be a vital part of an inter-disciplinary group creating a high-performance training environment.
- To take the lead on Sport Science and Athletic Development for the Galway Senior Hurling Panel.
- To Develop and ensure that an Athletic Development framework is implemented with the Galway Senior Hurling Panel.
- In conjunction with the Team Management set out an agreed programme for the Senior Hurling Panel.
- To design, present and deliver strategies for individually improving the physical development of all players in the Galway Senior Hurling panel and ensure all agreed strategies are implemented within agreed timescales.
- To actively implement and improve the sport science programme and to maintain and manage the sport science equipment.
- To implement screening, testing, monitoring and assessment as laid out in the Athletic development framework.
- To provide supervised appropriate individual Athletic Development sessions.
- To manage and report the findings of an appropriate workload monitoring system and a readiness to train system.
- Support the Medical team to ensure injury risk reduction strategies.
- Support the Medical team to ensure high quality supervised prehabilitation and rehabilitation programmes.
- Support the team Sports Nutritionist to design meal requirements associated with team training, travel and any other dietary needs.
- Support the team Sports Nutritionist to develop and execute nutritional plans designed specifically for individual players to enhance on-field performance.
- Ensure a safe and functional training environment for the weight room and other conditioning facilities.
Essential Qualifications and Skill sets
BSc degree in Sports Science or Strength and Conditioning or equivalent.
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA) and/or UKSCA Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coach
Broad knowledge of subject area and contemporary issues.
A valid passport.
2+ years’ experience working as the Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach in team sport settings.
First Aid Certification – include basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
MSc Strength and Conditioning or related field
Practical Accreditation like the UK Strength and Conditioning Association Accreditation (UKSCA), National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS) or Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (level 2) Accreditation.
Experience in data collection, analysis and data supported decision making.
Please reply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Thursday, August 24th 2023.